Information!Kumamoto including Mt. Aso area, Yufuin, Beppu and other surrounding areas have been struck by the consecutive powerful earthquakes with the highest estimated magnitude of 7.3 on 16 April 2016 and a series of aftershocks have continued to hit the areas. Major transportation routing to/from the area has been recovered, however still some means of transportation are suspended partially or operated with reduced services/on diversion due to the severe damage on railways and roads at some areas and restoration is ongoing.
Please also check this page for the information on Kumamoto Castle.
Discover a hidden gem of Japan in Kyushu!Kyushu is the third largest island of Japan located in the most south westerly area of its four main islands. Kyushu consists of seven regions, Fukuoka, Oita, Saga, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Miyazaki and Kagoshima. Each region has a completely different character and offers unique unspoilt tourist sites with an extra warm welcome.
- Thursday, 30 May 2013 Kagoshima
- Monday, 10 June 2013 Fukuoka
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 Kumamoto
- Thursday, 14 July 2016 Yamaga Toro Festival
- Monday, 04 July 2016 Hakata Yamakasa Festival
- Friday, 01 July 2016 JAL Oneworld Airpass
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 Chikugo River Fireworks Display
- Wednesday, 29 May 2013 3 days: Kurokawa & Yufuin